badge

Monday, April 8, 2013

What I'm reading this week

Cupcake , cakes and sweet confections are on my mind - what with all the parties and the birthdays...But lets mix it up with something exciting and TADA -I have sweet frothy reads with a tough of murder thrown in. I ordered this mix from the library and as usual when it rains it pours from our Library. I went to the library and asked the librarian that I had some holds and could I please pick them and the librarian responded with a grin that I had a lot to pick up - Guess what 23 in all.... I love this about the USA and will definitely miss them when I set sail for our Homeland....
Here are some of the books that I got


  1. Sinister Sprinkles by Jessica Beck ( A Donut Shop Mystery )
Aside from the fact that this country is awash with donuts and a dunkin in every corner... hell the WAWA next door is open 24 hours ,this book made me want to eat more.... The tag line is some crimes cant be sugar coated.Image courtesy Amazon.com. I give the book 3.5 stars out of 5.I like that this mystery is set in a winter carnival setting.Staying in the east coast these 5 years..I can feel the chill brr brr hence I love her donut recipes and can actually imagine making some. The entire mystery is surrounded by chaos during a snowstorm and I love the camaraderie between the protagonist and her friends. All in all it is a cozy mystery perfect for winters and cups of coffee.

2. Book, Line, and Sinker (A Library Lover's Mystery) by Jess Mckinlay( Image courtesy good reads)
This is such a nice book .I actually like the whole setup behind the book. The author takes pains to set up characterizations and the bon homie is so palpable. I love the whole small town library setup. Ever since ive started frequenting the libraries here I have had an urge to understand the nittie grittie and actually the behind the scenes -"I am actually a part of the library" feeling that this book gives. The mystery is mildly gripping and so is the romance going on. A murder is committed and a known person is a suspect.There is enough red herrings to keep you hooked.There is pirate lore and hidden treasures as well as an old murder mystery is solved and a hint of a serial killer.You actually feel like you are living in the same town and all the characters become so dear to you that I have already ordered and devoured the other books in the series. 3 out of 5 not just for the mystery but the layout and the premise of a small town library.

Read these books and you wont be sorry . A very pleasant way of passing the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment