badge

Sunday, February 1, 2015

You're like the wind


In my dreams, I could be a Princess, and that's what I was. Like most little girls, I believed nothing less than a Prince could make my dreams come true.       - Loretta Young



We've all thought along the same line for most of our lives. This may have been the assessment in the 20th century, but a girl can be much more than a princess now. Moreover, we don't need any prince to make our dreams come true. When I was a girl, I wasn't fettered with these expectations. In fact, my parents encouraged me to go out and conquer it all.Yet, at the cusp of it all was the conundrum of choosing a regular career or an artistic career.It all either financial security or creative freedom. Like many before me, I chose the humdrum of a normal career.


Cut to 2010, when a whirlwind named Sanskriti was born. She has managed to shatter all the stereotypes that I had of a typical girl child. She has made me realize that she can pursue everything she wants. She can choose to have a successful career, voluntary work, marriage and fitness.
With her enthusiasm and maturity, she has embraced all things girly and princess. However, on the other side, she practices her karate katas with a war cry. Like the wind, she skates by yet she calmly practices yoga meditation. With her, I realized that the world is like a blank page, and the experiences fill up the pages.



I pledge to preserve her verve and vigor for life and promise to encourage her aspirations. As a girl and a future woman, the opportunities today will pave the road for her to pursue finance, freedom and love. Unfettered by the stereotypical expectations, she can choose to pursue as many opportunities as she wants. Just like Maria Vonn Trap, she is a cloud that can't be pinned down.   

This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus“.

No comments:

Post a Comment