badge

Friday, August 8, 2014

All you need is a little love

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” - Charles M. Schulz



Snoopys creator sure knew what he was talking about. Love , chocolate and food make the world go around. I was always told that a way to a mans heart was through his stomach , but the way to a toddlers heart is also food.

My two loved ones adore a good meal . I entered the borosil hamper #beautifulfood contest on a whim , considering the sorry state of my crockery cupboards. The husband and the toddler were craving a lovely home cooked meal served in royal style.
Sadly , I had no crockery to speak of , considering an international move from the land of have alls (the USA ) to the land of , well I had nothing much to speak about.

So , cutting a long story short , I entered the contest and won a borosil hamper. Fast forward a few days , there stands a handsome ( I wish) with the best gift ever. A big read huge borosil hamper just brimming with all the essentials for a teeny tiny kitchen. Thanks god and the judge for the competition.

Zoom to round 2 of the contest and I persuaded my Camera savvy (sorta ) husband into taking photos of the meal . Long carbohydrate rich twirls of soft creamy pasta , tossed in garlic infused oils and sauteed with a rainbow of red , green and yellow peppers beckoned. Flecks of mixed herbs showered the pasta. (The Hubby was beyond convinced , I had to literally hold him off )



The starter was a yummy luscious tomato soup garnished with swirls of cream and showered with the crisp bell peppers. The soup looked restaurant style served in my spanking new borosil bowl .


Well , I did mention love and chocolate . The husbands loves himself any sweet thing and yes he went goo goo gaa gaa over a kesar essence infused dream.  ( An essence bargain scored at more ) . The voluptuous serving of baby pink mounds of whipped cream ensconced a pillow soft cloud called rasgulla. It just needed a hint of tutti frutti to complement it.


Whats a meal without  a little excitement ? Soft , light as a dream chocolate cupcake decorated by a 3.5 year old while your heart is palpitating at the sheer mess. Love overrules all sense and sensibility and I helped her pipe out a white cloud of fresh cream topped with pink and white sprinkles and colored sugar. She loved the experience and the bliss showed on her face.


Too much action needed a little unwinding and I relaxed with a glass of chilled aamsutra....

The meal was followed by a perfect comment , momma you make the best food......WOW, Mommy Bliss..



I want to thank Borosil for giving me an opportunity to pull out all the stops and prepare a fingerlicking meal and presenting it beautifully. Usually i just slosh it and plop it on whatever hapless crockery I have.

This is my entry for the 2nd round contest of   http://www.myborosil.com/. Fingers crossed for the next big hamper coming my way....

No comments:

Post a Comment